Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Touch of Elegance: Holiday Decor

     From centerpieces to bouquets, there are many ways to integrate the holidays into your wedding celebrations. I love the idea of blending the natural warmth that the wintery months bring, with the elegance of traditional wedding décor. There is something romantic and dreamy about it! To create a softness and gracefulness, I decided to go with a color palette of white, ivory, and chocolate brown as base colors and then add accents of lavender or shades of soft green.

     With shabby chic already in vogue, the addition of wintery textures such as bay leaves, branches, and seasonal blooms to white roses can give your centerpiece or bouquet that rustic feel while keeping it classy at the same time. I love the idea of adding wintery treats such as a hot chocolate bar — both affordable and tasty! When it comes to favors, there are many options. My favorite two that I found are photographed below. I absolutely fell in love with the idea of a blanket or scarf with the inscription “Love keeps us warm” on the tag! Pinecones also make adorable favors, and can be do-it-yourself at the same time.

     Below are some more photos of my favorite wintery wedding decorations that are affordable, easy to do, and add just a subtle hint of holiday magic to your special day!


No comments:

Post a Comment