What we would like to do today is discuss your options. Yes, you have options when it comes to a Planner. The two main options are a Full Event Wedding Planner and a Day Of Wedding Coordinator.
What's a Full Event Wedding Planner?
- A Full Event Wedding Planner is there from the beginning to the end and changes with every bride. No wedding, bride, or groom are the same so each wedding planner must be flexible and innovative to meet their needs. They begin with vendor referrals, tastings, budget creation, month to month timelines, contract bargaining... you get what I'm doing here. They do it all! They even clean up for you after!
- Day Of Coordinator isn't really the best way to describe this crazy busy position. It's more like Month Before Planner! They basically play catch up on all things planning. They call all of your vendors and confirm dates, times, quantity, logistics, etc. They direct your rehearsal and show up on your big day with all "just in case" items. They then orchestrate the whole day from the rose petals down the aisle to when the DJ announces your send off.
- Stress Free Planning- With a good professional, you should just be able to point and choose and they will make it happen.
- Vendor Referrals- You are a first time (and hopefully one time) buyer with all of your wedding vendors so if you are budget conscious they aren't really willing to work with you on price. Planners refer tons of brides and will have a better chance of persuading vendors on price because of that built relationship.
- Vendor Variety- These Professionals know people in the business and are more likely to have a better take on who is a good investment and who you should pass over. They will help you find the best vendors for the best deals.
- Keep You on Track- If you are trying to stay in a certain budget they will do all they can to keep you there. They are not afraid to set boundaries with you on choices because they have your best interest in mind. Your happiness is the most important part of their job because it leads to recommendations and further use.
- Double Tap, Double Check- Coordinators will make sure all of your decisions are doable and being executed by your vendors and you. If anything is wrong they will have it fixed before you even know, leaving you stress free and ready to get hitched.
- Your Guests Are Guests- In most DIY weddings, guests usually end up lighting the candles, calling the vendors, moving tables, setting up and tearing everything. They don't get to enjoy themselves as you had hoped they would. With a Coordinator, they wont have to worry about anything because the Coordinator will do all of this and more!